Ethereum Classic (ETC) is leading the crypto market’s weekly rally by getting 79.2% over the previous 7 days, an amount of time in which all however 5 non-stable tokens in the leading 100 by market cap landed in the green.
See associated short article: How Ethereum Classic’s 51% attacks expose threats to Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Industry observers anticipate Ethereum’s relocate to proof-of-stake to drive miners towards ETC.
- However, steady mining problem recommends that any significant motion of miners has yet to take place.
- The ETC hash rate has actually increased to 22.32 TH/s, somewhat above the network’s efficiency in mid-February
- ETC’s cost is rising right before its 3rd “fifthening,” an upgrade that decreases block benefits by 20% every 5 million blocks.
- Ethereum was hacked in 2016, leading to a difficult fork to the existing Ethereum blockchain that returned the funds to owners while the hacked chain rebranded to Ethereum Classic.
- ETC was up 9% over the previous 24 hours, since press time, while Ethereum dipped 1.7%, according to CoinGecko information
See associated short article: Rented hash power for 51% attacks is a ‘huge vulnerability’ for proof-of-work blockchains, states ETC Labs CEO